Purpose: To stress the need for EVERY saint to teach others the gospel.
1. Part of being committed to Christ is being committed to His cause.
2. I believe that His cause is seen in Luke 19:10.
3. His number one goal while on the earth was to seek and to save that which was lost.
4. This should be our goal as well.
5. Why do you suppose it is that the church has stopped growing?
6. Back in the 50's the church of Christ was the fastest growing religious organization in the world.
7. I think that the answer to this question is that we are no longer motivated to teach
others like we should be.
8. We all must be properly motivated or we will not teach others about Christ.
9. What should be our motivation?
a. God loves all men and desires them to be saved.
b. So that we might glorify God.
c. We should love all men and desire their salvation.
d. Our love for Christ should cause us to teach others.
e. Because outside of Christ there is no hope.
f. Teaching the world is OUR responsibility.
A. God has chosen to save the world through the gospel (Romans 1:16).
B. God has chosen men to use men to spread his gospel (Romans 10:13-17).
C. Christians are God's instruments for good work.
A. This was Paul's motivation (2
B. Peter gives this motivation (1 Peter 2:12).
C. This should be our motivation (Matthew 5:14-16).
A. Notice Paul's example (Romans 9:3).
1. He was willing to give up his soul in order to save his kinsmen.
2. He felt obligated to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:16).
3. We are to follow his example (Philippians 3:17).
B. Notice Jesus' example (Luke 19:10).
1. He left heaven to come to earth (Philippians 2:5-8).
2. He died on the cross.
C. We can't love God without loving our fellow man (1 John 4:20-21).
D. Let us not go to extremes.
1. Don't compromise.
2. Some don't love enough.
E. We have a cure to the world's deadly disease.
A. If we love him we will keep his commandments (John 14:15).
B. One of his commandments is to evangelize the world (Matthew 28:18-20).
C. Therefore, if we love Jesus we will teach others the gospel.
A. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me." (John 14:6)
B. "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and
strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:" (Ephesians 2:12)
C. People will not make it to heaven through Buddhism, Muslimism, Catholicism, Hinduism,
Denominationalism. Only through Christ and HIS church.
A. Ezekiel would be held accountable for his teaching (Ezekiel 3:17-19).
1. Ezekiel was held responsible for delivering the message but not their obedience to that message.
2. It is the same for us today (Acts 18:6; 20:26-27).
B. Some day we will have to answer to God for our actions (2 Corinthians 5:10).
C. Will he be ashamed of us (Mark 8:38)?
1. Hopefully, we see the need to evangelize the world.
2. We must regain our zeal to teach others about Christ.
3. If we don't spread the good news of Christ's death and resurrection; then
we are allowing him to
have died in vain.
4. Please see Plan of Salvation.
-- Ralph Price, 2000 --