1. Peace is something that we all want
2. I canít think of anyone who doesnít want peace
3. How can we find peace?
4. Pursue the things of peace - Romans 14:16-19
5. A few years ago, Duke University did a study where they tried to determine what the most important factors were in people who had peace of mind
6. What they found will be interesting
A. Some people like to hold grudges
1. They allow a past wrong to continue to harm them
2. Because of their resentment, they make their selves miserable
B. The Bible tells us that we should forgive
1. First be reconciled to your brother - Matthew 5:21-24
2. How often shall I forgive? - Matthew 18:21-22
A. Some people cannot let go of their past
1. They are constantly punishing their selves for past mistakes
2. Rather than learn from their mistakes, they use those mistakes to show how horrible they are
B. The Scriptures tell us not to focus on the past - Philippians 3:12-14
A. Some people worry
1. They fret, many times over things that are out of their control
2. Worry shows a lack of trust in God
B. The Bible tells us not to worry about things we cannot change.
1. Can you make yourself taller? - Matthew 6:25-34
2. Don't be anxious - Philippians 4:6-7
A. We rob ourselves of peace when we throw pity parties
1. Life is going to throw us curveballs
2. We cannot change that. All we can control is how we react
B. Again, the Bible teaches this
1. "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4
2. Learn to be content - Philippians 4:10-13
3. Take trials in stride - James 1:2-4
4. Trials should be expected - 1 Peter 4:12-16
A. Many have no peace because they feel alone and see no way out of the problems they face
1. They believe that no one cares for them
2. They donít see any end to the problems
3. "Life stinks and then you dieÖ"
B. The Bible tells us to believe in God!
1. Who are we compared to God? - Job 38:1-7
a) God is basically reminding Job of Who He is
b) He is telling Job not to worry but to trust in Him
2. Let God be your refuge - Psalm 46:1-11
1. Do you have peace in your life?
2. Are you at peace with God?
3. Are you at peace in your own mind?
4. If not, pursue peace!
5. Find peace in the salvation offered by God - Are You Saved?